BROWNSWOOD NURSERY, INC.
1290 Brownswood Road Johns Island, SC 29455 | 843.559.3425
OPENING | Landscape Architect . Full Time . $40,000 - $50,000
Brownswood Nursery, now in its 39th year, is one of the largest nurseries in the Charleston area specializing in design, installation, and maintenance services. Our desire is to inspire our team mates and customers to grow – both horticulturally and personally. We are family owned and operated and offer a fun, rewarding, family friendly environment. Learn more about our company at www.brownswoodnursery.com.
As our Landscape Architect you will be responsible for meeting with clients and creating a vision for their outdoor living space. Many of our projects are ¼ - 1 acre new construction or existing residences. We compose a range of projects from small garden designs to complete turnkey renovations & installations. Our Landscape Division will bring your project to life so you will be able to see your vision turn into a reality. Most of your time will be spent designing however various tasks will be required. Our designs are computer based, no hand sketching will be required.
- Landscape Architecture license for SC, Bachelor’s degree or higher in Landscape Architecture
- Creative designer with an exceptional ability to communicate and present design ideas
- Strong knowledge of Charleston plant materials, attention to detail, basic understanding of grading, drainage, and construction
- Prior experience with project management, team leadership, and sales
- Ability to sell your vision to our clients
- We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starter who is willing to work at a dynamic pace
- Impressive knowledge of architectural styles, materials, and plants (zone 8b) specific to the Charleston areas (Kiawah/Seabrook Island style vs Downtown Charleston etc.)
- Working Saturdays is a must for Design Presentation Meetings
- 3D Design Software experience, Photo Design experience, AutoCAD or comparable software experience
- Must be able to commit to 2+ years with our company and sign non-compete agreement
- Coordinate schedules between crew members, sub-contractors, and customers to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion
- Manage projects by scheduling subcontractors, if needed, and communicate with vendors to ensure proper materials are ordered on time
- Address any concerns or revisions customers may have on projects
- Responsible for initial meeting with client to introduce the company and represent Brownswood Nursery’s design, construction and maintenance capabilities
- Communicate with client in a timely and respectful manner and represent Brownswood Nursery professionally and accurately
- Create presentation packages and collect necessary samples for client presentation meetings
- Prepare Job Pack to establish smooth handoff from Design to Project Manager and Foreman before construction commences
- Prepare and process any changes during project construction
- Continue education (at a minimum) in the form of trade show seminars, vendor showroom visits, and sharing product knowledge with other team members
- Prepare site plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare graphic representations of proposed plans using computer-aided design and drafting software
- Select appropriate materials for use in landscape designs
- Seek new work through marketing or by giving presentations
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great potential for personal and professional growth
- A fast-paced, friendly, and energetic work environment
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Complete our employment application which can be found at brownswoodnursery.com or in our sales office.
Email your application, resume, references, and examples of your work (designs, before and after installation pictures etc.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a cover letter in which you explain why you think you would be the best person for this job and one important lesson you have learned so far this year.